With the Halloween Season upon us, it is paramount that you don’t forget to brush twice daily to wash away any acid buildup caused by excessive sugar intake. Here are 13 easy tips everyone needs to consider when caring for your toothbrush:
– Don’t share toothbrushes.
– Keep your toothbrush clean when not in use.
– Keep your toothbrush aired out; do not consistently store them in closed containers.
– Store your toothbrush upright.
– Avoid cross-contamination from toothbrushes touching each other.
– Use a toothbrush that easily fits into your mouth.
– Make sure the size and shape of your brush can reach all areas in your mouth effectively.
– Stiff bristles can hurt gums, softer brushes are better.
– Electric toothbrushes make brushing easier.
– Be gentle and don’t press hard. A softer, gentler approach works best.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Youth toothbrushes typically need to be replaced more often than adult toothbrushes.
– Look for toothbrushes that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance. Also look for ADA-approved fluoride toothpaste.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
We are always happy to see you, so if you would like to schedule a visit, please call Mountainland Pediatric Dentistry at 801-766-2111 to talk to a member of our team. You can also stop by our office in Lehi, Utah. It’s never too late to start taking steps to a spooktacular smile this Halloween season!